The group encourages a diversity of approaches to works on paper. It is this diversity that enriches our exhibitions (see Past Exhibitions).
When a vacancy ocurrs, membership in the group is by jury of the current membership after a presentation of slides, actual work and resume.
"19 On Paper" is a participatory group of professional artists. Our goal is to present our work to the public through: exhibitions of the group's work, a vibrant website, and the sale of group portfolios. Members also benefit professionally through critiques, discussions, and the interaction with each other. To this end members must be willing to contribute their time, effort, and perspectives, as well as present their artwork. To keep the group functioning, members:
• Attend monthly meetings on a regular basis, September through June (3 absences allowed per year)
• Contribute annual dues of $50 to cover operating expenses
• Participation in one or more of the committees which form the organization of the group: Exhibitions, PR,
Marketing, Meeting Notes, Treasurer, etc.
• Volunteer to help organize, transport, install or dismantle exhibitions and present portfolios to corporate and and other prospective clients
• Send all pertinent materials to the webmaster (i.e. artist statement, resume, digital images and image list)for inclusion on the website.
• Portfolio boxes of members' works are used for exhibitions, publicity, and sale purposes. All members are expected to provide work for these portfolios.
Contact us if your are interested in applying for membership.